Tuesday, September 20, 2022

WORKING WITH JESUS

 

WORKING WITH JESUS

 


“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on
wings like eagles. The will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not
faint.” (NLT)

This sounds so simple, and it is simple but not easy. In fact, this is so simple I think we have a difficult time doing it. We can just let God take care of ‘it’. Not just the big things but the little challenges also. We may think we will take care of the little problems and God will take care of the big ones.

Where does scripture tell us to do that? We may think, “Well, this is a small thing, so I can do this. God is busy taking care of more important things.” Sound familiar? I know I have had these thoughts at times.

What would happen if we let God in on all our challenges and choices? Do you think he would ignore the “small stuff”? Would He tell us we need to handle them? Are they really ours to deal with on our own? Do we really think we can solve things better than God can?

Jesus tells us, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

This scripture says, to me, that we are to be yoked – connected with and submitted to Jesus and His care, at all times. He has the strength, wisdom, and compassion to carry our every concern. So, big or small, we are to link with him. We are to work with him, not deal with it on our own.

What do you think will happen in our lives if we do this?

BY: Sally Samarin

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the distractions are many...and the belief we have to suck it up and do it all. Resting, waiting and relying on the Lord is JUST not as easy as it seems....it is a discipline created over time and with His Grace! Great reminder of our easily forgotten need for Him. Just Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words that challenge me daily - working with Jesus and not trying to do things on my own.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!